METIS (MicroElectronics, Training, Industry and Skills), a Sector Skills Alliance co-funded by Erasmus+, is launching an open call for the post of External Expert of the project. METIS brings together a consortium of 20 partners to develop skills intelligence deliver a curriculum and training and to promote microelectronics as a career choice. The 4-year project, launched in November 2019, aims to bridge the skills gap in the microelectronics sector for a more competitive Europe.
The METIS consortium consists of SEMI, Infineon, Bosch, X-FAB, Graphenea, Summa, Arcelik, Silicon Saxony, imec, Technical University of Graz, Dresden Chip Academy, University of South-Eastern Norway, Technical University of Sofia, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, IAL-FVG, Fast Track into Information Technology, European Association of Career Guidance, European Association for Women in Science, Engineering and Technology, CIMEA and DECISION.
Profile of the external expert:
The selected external expert has to demonstrate relevant skills, including:
- Good understanding of microelectronics sector and its skills needs
- Good understanding of education and training policy and systems in Europe
- robust understanding of education quality processes, expected activities, outputs and quality review processes;
- proven professional experience in evaluation process and monitoring process of international collaborative proposals & projects, in order to efficiently evaluate the final products and contents of the activities, and other materials, as well as to monitor the administrative aspects and the management and functioning of the project from an organisational point of view;
- to review METIS processes and products;
- to participate in one project meeting.
Mid-term Report (in English) about project implementation provides an external perspective to achievements so far reached, and the overall performance of the project against project plans and objectives. It also provides recommendations on the various aspects of project implementation, from quality of the consortium, working relations, internal communication, processes, results, etc.
Final Report (in English) ensures an external and professional perspective into project processes and results. In addition to capturing the overall quality of the project in all its aspects, it also provides valuable lessons learned and good practices to inform the work of partners in further exploiting project results beyond its lifetime.
Mid-term report: October 31, 2021
Final Report: October 31, 2023
Conditions for the service
The external expert is provided access to all project documentation to empower her/him to carry out a thorough assessment of the project. The external expert undertakes to carry out the required service within the specified timeframe. The external expert agrees to maintain the confidentiality of data that may be generated or disclosed during the provision of the required service.
€ 10,000.00 (ten thousand Euros).
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2020. The subject of the email shall indicate: [last name] [first name initial] METIS External Expert. The selection procedure will be completed by 30 June 2020.